Kentucky Mountain Bible College, Inc (“KMBC”, ”we”, ”us”) is a registered college in the state of Kentucky, specializing in providing high-quality ministry training and education.
1. Personally Identifiable Information
We collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) via the Site and the Service. PII is any information that may be used to contact, identify or locate an individual, and includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, email address and postal addresses. KMBC generally collects PII under the following scenarios:
- When you choose to provide us with your PII via the Site; including, when you send us an email asking a question, we use that information to answer your question and will store it for a reasonable time.
- We may periodically publish an email newsletter. If you provide us with your email address for the purposes of receiving KMBC’s email newsletter, we may also email you with further information KMBC. We never sell or share your email address. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided within the email.
- The Service may enable you to send emails to your friends. If you provide your email address or your friends’ email addresses for these purposes, KMBC will store those email addresses, but will not use them to send promotional emails to you or your friends (unless you or your friends independently sign up to receive promotional emails from KMBC.)
- When individuals register to use the Service via the Site, KMBC collects the submitted information, including name, email address, and telephone number. For KMBC also asks them to select a password for their account. KMBC uses this information to help maintain their account.
- If you choose to use the Service via one of the many open standards for user authentication and access control (e.g., OpenID, OAuth, Facebook Login, etc.) that enable you to link the Service or login to the service with accounts you have already established with social networking platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and/or email platforms (e.g., Yahoo! Mail), KMBC will collect the PII as well as other information that you have already provided to the social networking or email platform. This PII may include your name, email address, postal address, and demographic information such as age, gender and income. Although KMBC won’t use your PII in this manner without your affirmative (“Opt-in”) consent, KMBC may use the information collected this way to analyze the usage of the Service and/or to compile anonymous statistics. In all instances, KMBC obtains and uses this information in accordance with the policies of the social networking or email platform.
- End Users may be afforded the opportunity to deploy emails via the Service. Where End Users have selected the option of adding one or more email addresses to an online form, the message they create in the corresponding template will be sent to those email addresses on their behalf. These email addresses will be stored in the form submission and will be used only for the purpose of sending the email communication to the addressee.
2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
KMBC also collects non-personally identifiable information (“Non-PII”) via the Site and Service. Non-PII is information that may not, on its own, be used to identify or locate a personal or entity, and includes your IP address, browser type, and your computer’s operating system. KMBC collects Non-PII under the following scenarios:
- When you visit the Site, our servers automatically collect Non-PII, including but not limited to your IP address, the number, frequency and duration of your visit to the Site and specific pages viewed, your browser type, your Internet Service Provider, your computer’s operating system, the web page you were visiting before you came to the Site, and information you search for on the Site. This information is used for Site maintenance, to improve the relevance of the content that you see, and for reporting purposes. It may also be used to provide relevant ads to you through various advertising services, such as Google Adwords or Facebook Advertising.
- When you register on the Site, the KMBC servers automatically collect the Non-PII items described above. We retain this Non-PII in our internal system as part of your registered account. We use this information internally to analyze the aggregate activities and preferences of our registered Site users.
- When you use the Service, the KMBC servers automatically collect Non-PII including but not limited to your IP address, web pages viewed (including but not limited to web pages where Web Applications(s) are located, your browser type, your Internet Service Provider, your interactions with KMBC’s Web Applications (e.g., the amount of time you spent viewing a video embedded within a Web Application), the web page you were visiting before you came to the Service, and information you search for via the Service. This information is used for Site maintenance, to improve the relevance of the content that you see, and for reporting purposes.
3. Cookies and Tracking Pixels
KMBC uses “cookies” in connection with the Site and the Service. A cookie is a small data file that the KMBC servers transfer to your computer for record-keeping purposes. KMBC may use “persistent cookies” to save your username and login password for future logins to the Site and the Service. KMBC uses “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Service, to better understand how you interact with the Service and to monitor web traffic routing on the Site and aggregate usage of the Service. KMBC may also use “flash cookies” to enable certain features of the Service, and to help store the non-PII we use to deliver more relevant content to you via the Site, the Service, and on other websites you may visit. KMBC also uses web beacons in connection with the Site and Service. Tracking pixels (also known as “1×1 pixels” or “clear GIFs”) are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data.
4. Third Party Data Collection
KMBC may use third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect Non-PII (e.g., the pages you visit, and which links you click, which ads you see and click on, and the categories of search terms you enter, and certain demographic information such as age and gender) when you visit the KMBC Site and/or use the Service(s). Please note that some Non-PII (which does not include demographic information) is also collected from End Users who simply visit the Site and/or visit a web page where the Service is enabled.
5. Information Sharing and Disclosure
In addition to the data collection and use practices outlined above, we may share or otherwise disclose information to third parties under the following circumstances.
5.1. Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information
KMBC may share aggregated information with third-party companies as well as the press in order to demonstrate usage of the Service, spot industry trends, develop more effective content strategies, and to generate publicity for the Service. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain PII.
5.2. Service Providers
KMBC may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Service and/or to provide services on it`s behalf, (including, without limitation, bill and credit card payment processing, maintenance, hosting and database management services, web analytics and administration). These third parties have access to PII only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated by contract not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
5.3 Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
KMBC cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. KMBC will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as KMBC, in it`s sole discretion, believes necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of KMBC or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity KMBC may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
5.4 Business Transfers
KMBC may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including PII and any other information it has, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy.
6. Changing or Deleting Your Information
Anyone with a registered KMBC account may review, update, correct or delete the PII in their registration profile by logging into their account and changing the user information associated with their account. KMBC may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. If you’d like KMBC to delete any PII that it has on you, please contact us.
7. Information Security
The security of your information is important to us, including but not limited to the PII collected via the Site and Service. We have implemented reasonable security measures to protect the information in our care, both during transmission and once we receive it. This includes, but is not limited to the use of firewalls and encryption. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.