Instructor in Bible, Discipleship & History
(606) 693-5000, ext. 140
Richard was born on February 22, 1972 to Lynwood and Dorcas Englehardt. He was raised in the Seyfert Wesleyan (formerly, Evangelical Christian) Church where he was saved in 1982 under the ministry of Berwin H. Hainley. That very night after the service, Richard had an unexpected seizure and was left paralyzed on one side of his body. After being taken to the hospital, the Lord intervened in response to his father’s prayers with healing. When his father said amen to conclude a prayer Richard sat up in bed and was fine.
“Those who don’t know history are destined to repeat it.” – Edmund Burke
In the fall of 2000, Richard began teaching at Kentucky Mountain Bible College. He has emphasized in history classes while teaching some theology and Bible classes. In 2004 he began taking classes toward a Doctor of Ministry in Leadership in Community Spiritual Formation from Denver Seminary in Littleton, Colorado. He complete this degree in 2013.
“For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.” (Romans 15:4)
- 2000-present: Professor at Kentucky Mountain Bible College, Jackson, KY
- 2012-2014: Pastor at Canyon Falls Evangelical Congregational Church, Beattyville, KY
- 1994-2000: Pastor at Grier City Evangelical Christian Church, Grier, PA
- 1994-1998: Pastor at Mount Carmel Evangelical Christian Church, Mount Carmel, PA
- Doctor of Ministry, 2013 – Denver Seminary, Littleton, CO
- Master of Divinity, 2000 – Evangelical Seminary, Myerstown, PA
- Master of Arts in Religion with Historical and Theological Emphasis, 2000 – Evangelical Seminary, Myerstown, PA
- Holy Land Studies, 1997 – Jerusalem University College, Jerusalem, Israel
- Bachelor of Arts in Religion & Ministerial Studies with Greek, 1994, Kentucky Mountain Bible College, Jackson, KY