For the purpose of effective development of spiritual, emotional, character, and personal progress, the faculty, staff, and administration of Kentucky Mountain Bible College have established the Character Development Scholarship.
The scholarship is available for both full-time and part-time students, provided they meet and complete the requirements listed below.
17% tuition scholarship (amount based on tuition, can be applied to any/all college costs)
Actively participate in a mentorship relationship for the semester
- Select a mentor for the duration of enrollment period. This can be as short as 1 semester or as long as the entire college enrollment.
- The mentor should be an older adult with an exemplary Christian walk
- A mentor with experience in the field of study the student is pursuing is recommended.
- Meet with the mentor weekly for 30 minutes to an hour.
Provide KMBC with the name and contact information of your mentor.
The mentor must agree to report to KMBC on a monthly basis that the student is an active participant in the mentorship program.
- We do not prescribe material for the mentorship relationship. Each mentorship should be structured for the benefit of each individual student.
- In-person meetings are preferred. If an in-person meeting is not possible in a given week, a phone / video meeting may be substituted.
If the student fails to actively participate in the mentoring relationship or discontinues the relationship before the semester is complete, the entire scholarship amount will be forfeited, and will become a bill against the student's account.
- The report to KMBC should not include confidential information, and does not need to include details on the conversations.
- The report should clearly detail if the student is actively participating in the mentorship relationship. Active participation requires regular attendance and completion of the expectations of the mentoring arrangement.
MM slash DD slash YYYY
We strongly recommend that you talk with your mentor to set up the mentoring relationship before completing this form.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.