Kentucky Mountain Bible College – A Good Choice in Uncertain Times
Do you know a young person who is called to ministry, or who desires to grow closer to the Lord and deepen their understanding of His Word? Do you know a parent who is unsure of their child’s college future at this time?
Many students and families are considering a logical option – stay home and attend classes online. While this may be the best choice for some, it is not always in the best interest of the student. As people, we are not just lecture-oriented learners. The education of an immersive campus experience is often more effective, and for some learning styles, essential.
During the current Covid-19 crisis, KMBC has proven to be a college that is well able to adapt and overcome. At KMBC, we offer a safe place for students to develop their character and their relationship with the Lord. In this time of uncertainty, we encourage you to consider the full campus experience at Kentucky Mountain Bible College!
Why choosing Kentucky Mountain Bible College makes sense during the Covid-19 crisis:
- The risk of contracting Covid-19 is directly related to exposure. KMBC is located about 7 miles outside of town in a rural community, with low exposure and low risk.
- KMBC is a small campus. KMBC is a niche college, focusing on preparing people for Christian ministry. It’s about the size of a theology department of a larger university. Due to this unique focus, the student population is approximately 70-80 students, with a total campus population of about 120.
- KMBC is a relatively self-contained campus, with one main entrance and no pass-through traffic. Nearly all students, faculty, and staff live on campus, with few commuters, reducing the amount of exposure from the greater public. Meals and services are provided on campus.
“As people, we are not just lecture-oriented learners. The education of an immersive campus experience is often more effective, and for some learning styles, essential.”
- Fresh air and exercise are known to be important for both physical and mental health. At KMBC, we care about our students’ well-being! Because of the rural location, KMBC students have access to over 200 acres of unpopulated, privately-owned outdoor space, providing ample room for exercise and recreation without exposure to the public. There is space for camping, kayaking, hiking, canoeing, bike riding, and more – all without having to be in public areas
- KMBC is small enough to be able to monitor students for signs of sickness. In the event that a student does get sick, KMBC has the resources to protect both them and the rest of the campus population.
- KMBC is located 10 minutes from a regional hospital, with the ability to transfer and life flight.
- KMBC maintains guest housing which can provide quarantine quarters for students if needed.
Caring Campus Environment
- At KMBC, faculty and staff care about more than just the academic success of the students. Each student is seen as an individual, and is cared about as a whole person – including academically, socially, and spiritually.
- The small size of the campus and the classes offers more opportunities for one-on-one interaction between professors and students.
- KMBC offers a student body that is close-knit and invested in each other.
- KMBC offers discipleship and mentoring options (on campus and online) designed to help strengthen each student spiritually and personally.
- KMBC is able to move online quickly and effectively if necessary, as shown this spring during the Covid-19 crisis.
- KMBC offers both on campus and online courses, with the option to move between both fluidly, in case a situation arises where the student needs to return home or be quarantined during the semester.
- While the Covid-19 situation has brought about much financial uncertainty, and college costs can look daunting, KMBC is affordable!
- KMBC is less expensive than other private four-year colleges. KMBC offers scholarships, grants, and a work program designed to lower the cost of attending college.
- KMBC maintains an affordable price to make it possible for students to graduate with little to no college debt.
These are some of the many reasons to consider Kentucky Mountain Bible College – both during “normal” times, and especially now during Covid-19. KMBC offers a safe environment for students to develop character, grow closer to the Lord, and be grounded in their knowledge of the Bible.
We are happy to answer any questions and discuss our Covid-19 protection and prevention policies. Please feel free to contact us.