- About Us
- News & Events
How to Apply for Financial Aid
STEP 1 ADMISSION/ENROLLMENT AT KMBC
- Must apply and be accepted for admission to KMBC.
- Financial Aid packages will not be awarded until admission acceptance is finalized, but a student may begin the financial aid process before that time.
- To receive Federal Financial Aid students must meet the eligibility requirements set by the Department of Education.
- To receive most KMBC Financial Aid, students must complete the KMBC Scholarship Application Form.
- To receive Federal Financial Aid, students must meet the eligibility requirements set by the Department of Education
- To receive most KMBC Financial Aid, students must complete the KMBC Scholarship Renewal Form each spring.
STEP 2 COMPLETION OF THE FREE APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID (FAFSA)
- Must apply for federal financial aid online by completing the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov
- If you do not already have one, apply for a Federal Student Aid Personal Identification Number (PIN) at www.pin.ed.gov before completing the FAFSA. The PIN allows you to sign the FAFSA electronically. If you are filing as a dependent student, at least one parent must have a PIN.
- If you are eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, we recommend using this tool to provide the tax information on your FAFSA . This tool allows FAFSA on the Web applicants to request and retrieve their income and tax data from the IRS. Once the data is retrieved from the IRS, it can be transferred to the FAFSA on the Web. It will increase the accuracy of your FAFSA information and streamline the application, review, and award process. The earlier you apply and the more accurate your application is, the sooner you'll be awarded financial aid for which you are eligible.
- Enter KMBC's federal school code (030021) on the FAFSA. This allows KMBC to receive your FAFSA information.
Visit the Federal Student Aid Website for more information about the FAFSA.
STEP 3 KMBC PROCESSES YOUR FAFSA
When KMBC electronically receives your FAFSA, we will begin to process your financial aid application. If your FAFSA is selected for verification by the Department of Education you may be required to submit additional documentation to the Financial Aid Office.
The verification process requires KMBC to collect documents that confirm the FAFSA data regarding your family and your finances. This includes IRS tax transcripts for both you and your parents (if you are a dependent student) or your spouse (if you are married) unless you use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool when you complete or update your FAFSA. Completed verification forms (Dependent /Independent) need to be submitted to the Financial Aid Office before your financial aid award can be determined.
STEP 4 NOTIFICATION OF FINANCIAL AID ELIGIBILITY
When KMBC completes the processing of your financial aid application, you will be notified of your eligibility by letter or email. It is important that you provide us with current contact information. Before receiving federal financial aid, all students are required to read, understand, and sign the Terms and Conditions for Receiving Financial Aid and the Title IV Authorization Form.